Friday, September 15, 2006

NFL Picks-Week 2

Last week: 9-7. Once again, it's better to pick straight up, instead of against the spread.

This week's games:

Washington at Dallas: Clinton Portis is out, according to coach Joe Gibbs. Bad for my fantasy team, and bad for the Redskins. Pick: Dallas
Buffalo at Miami: The 'Phins are improved. Buffalo's not awful, but they're not great. Pick: Miami
Carolina at Minnesota: The Vikes are coming off of perhaps the surprise of the week, winning in the Monday Night extravaganza at Washington. Carolina is a favorite to go to the Super Bowl. Tough pick. I'll take the Vikings at home.
Cleveland at Cincinnati: The Battle of Ohio, Part I. Cincinnati is good. Cleveland is not. Cincy has uglier uniforms, but a much better team. Pick: Cincinnati
Detroit at Chicago: Detroit is playing outside on grass. Da Bears whipped the Packers last week. Not a good combo for Motown. Pick: Da Bears
Houston at Indianapolis: Lock of the week. Indy is good. Houston is not. Indy wins with half their brains tied behind their back.
New Orleans at Green Bay: The Saints open with two road games, but they are against sorry teams. Only question is: Are the Saints good enough to beat two sorry teams in a row? I'm not sure about that. Give me Green Bay.
New York Giants at Philadelphia: NFC East slugfest. Philly is on the way back, as Donovan McNabb has a new best friend: Donte Stallworth. The Eagles fly. Pick: Philly.
Oakland at Baltimore: Or is this Los Angeles vs. Cleveland? The Raiders are terrible. They just plain suck. They made the Chargers look like the '85 Bears last week. The Ravens have a much better defense than the Chargers. Lock of the week #2. Pick: Baltimore
Tampa Bay at Atlanta: The Bucs laid a big goose egg last week. The Falcons at least scored against Carolina. I lean toward the home field here. Pick: Atlanta.
Arizona at Seattle: Who would have ever thought this would be one of the better games of this or any week? The Cardinals are much, much improved. That won't be enough against the Seahawks. Pick: Seattle
St. Louis at San Francisco: The Rams opened with a win last week. The Niners appear to have bottomed out, but still aren't that great. Pick: St. Louis
Kansas City at Denver: The Chiefs have quarterback issues, big time. The Broncos failed to show up last week in St. Louis. They'll show up in Denver. Pick: Denver
New England at New York Jets: The teacher (Belichick) vs. the pupil (Mangini). The Pats are slipping, but have enough to handle the Jets. Pick: New England
Tennessee at San Diego: Tennessee is still rebuilding. The Chargers are pretty decent. Pick: San Diego
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville: Monday night in Jacksonville. Sounds like a trap for the defending world champions. Pick: Jacksonville

9 comments:

Zee said...

Here are my picks, because I know you want to know!

Washington at Dallas: This ones a no brainer. The team that will leave 0-2 will be the cowgirls.

Buffalo at Miami: I pick the spare Buffalo team to come in and ride the Dolphins to victory!

Carolina at Minnesota: Carolina puts Minnesota back in their rightful place tomorrow.

Cleveland at Cincinnati: Cinci has great unis. I can't believe you'd dog them for that. Cinci and my man Rudi help not only my Bengals to win, but helps put another victory on the table for MammaSaidKnockYouOUT! BOOOYEAH!

Detroit at Chicago: Bears will do it at home.

Houston at Indianapolis: Indy in the obvious way.

New Orleans at Green Bay: GB is not good, but they are at home which makes them at least 50% better - I pick GB too!

New York Giants at Philadelphia: Giants, of course, led by the great Tiki Barber. I can't believe you picked these based on going against my fantasy team ... you're such a homer! ;)

Oakland at Baltimore: The Dreaded and Feared do stink. Balt all the way.

Tampa Bay at Atlanta: This is a wash for me. I'll take ATL and go with my new star QB!

Arizona at Seattle: I pick Sea, although I'd like to see the Cards upset this one.

St. Louis at San Francisco: I'll take St. Louis and Holt over my TE Davis. I hope both do me proud.

Kansas City at Denver: Denver at home. KC has no QB - ask me I know.

New England at New York Jets: Tha Pats as well. I hope they improve.

Tennessee at San Diego: I want the Tie-dans to win, but I don't see it happening. Going with my head - LT and the Chargers.

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville: Pitt and the recovering Findlay, Ohio Roethlisberger (or the decent backup Batch).

Bring it on, Thief.

John said...

FWIW, I have the Tiki Barber/Brandon Jacobs combo in my other league.

Good luck tomorrow. Just be glad you didn't play me last week. :-)

Zee said...

I'm not sure why, but I was the same way last year. I started with wins, but with low scores. The high scoring games came later on. Maybe it will come tomorrow. I can't wait to school ya. ;)

John said...

Zee, you're whipping me. I've broken 100 for the second week in a row, and I'm going to lose for the second week in a row. At least we all make the playoffs. :-)

John said...

I just remembered: Aren't the Eagles the Dreaded and Feared? I know the Raiders are the Greatness. The Greatness are actually pretty sorry, but the Tidans are giving them a run for their money.

Zee said...

I thought the dreaded and feared were the Raiders, but now that you said that I think I got them wrong in my mind. The Titans stunk it up is what they did.

Okay, I just added things up with my pen and paper and cell phone calculator and I have me ahead by 0.7 points, but that could change in the morning. It has in the past. I'll say a bedtime prayer.

Did you get the stattracker this year? I think you usually do. I'm too cheap and it's more exciting to add it up on paper. :-Þ

Zee said...

Well, I lost and you kicked my butt. How did that happen? No matter. Good game, LT. I'll make a comeback next time around!

John said...

I have Stattracker, and I was getting my butt kicked when my router froze up. Our router freezes up about once a day with the DSL line, so I had to go reset it. My DSL was working, but I had to restart Stattracker. During that time, Laveraneus Coles and Laurence Maroney scored touchdowns to help my cause greatly. The Cowboys finished the deal for me, as the Washington defense didn't do a lot.

There is a Wikipedia entry for Mike Rhyner, with some of his team nicknames. I verified it, and Dreaded and Feared is the name for the Eagles.

Zee said...

The fact that he's in Wiki is just wrong.

Thanks for the correction and the butt kicking. ;)