Monday, March 05, 2007

UUOTD-Monday


And, the styles just keep getting worse and worse...

These are the latest to come down the pike from Nike. This is something called the System of Dress. This week, Arizona, Syracuse, Florida, and Ohio State will be the first to unveil Nike's latest contribution(?) to fashion.

The baggy pants have gotten baggier, and the shirts have become tighter. The color designs on the Syracuse and Florida versions aren't real great, either. These are definitely worthy of two eye gouges.

Pretty soon, basketball will no longer be played in shorts, but in these so-called pants. Ugh.

5 comments:

Zee said...

I swear those are the culottes my mom wore when I was 8.

John said...

The Ohio State guy actually looks kinda studly, in a superhero kind of way. Call him Buckeyeman!

The Syracuse one doesn't look real great, but it's hard to do something with orange and blue. At least they didn't go charcoal, like Florida did.

I haven't seen the Arizona one yet. I have a feeling it's red.

I agree, that shorts should be shorts. They don't necessarily have to be short shorts like in the pre-Jordan era, but they shouldn't drop past the knees.

MariusJanulisForThree said...

Wait til Devendorf and Rautins come out wearing this stuff....oy

Zee said...

Okay ... I do like the Syracuse white uni found of at TNiaM's blog:
nunesmagician.blogspot.com.

John said...

That white Syracuse one isn't bad! I still don't know about the stripes, as maybe a simple blue or orange stripe would be fine.

I agree, though, that I wouldn't be caught dead in a form-fitting shirt.