Sunday, March 25, 2007

UUOTD


I hate to add insult to injury, but I'm going to do so here.

Winona State had a 56-game winning streak end in a bizarre ending to their game with Barton (NC) in the Division II national championship game. Winona had a seven-point lead with 45 seconds to go, before Barton went on an improbable 10-1 run to win the game. I speculated in an earlier post that the away version of the Winona uniform must be really ugly.

I found a picture of it, and it exceeded my expectations for ugliness. They wore a black jersey, with the horizontal trim and striping. The school colors are purple and white. These are bad unis. Eye gouge rating: Two

5 comments:

Zee said...

Those shorts look like Sheriff Joe's prison clothes!

http://www.animaladvocacy.net/justin/maricopaco-jailbird-dogs.jpg

John said...

Sheriff Joe for Governor!

At least those are regular-looking jail clothes. He's been known for making male prisoners wear pink.

I hated to throw Winona State under the bus like that after their national championship loss, but those were really bad uniforms.

Zee said...

At least those are regular-looking jail clothes. He's been known for making male prisoners wear pink.

They still wear pink, but it's on their underware and socks.

John said...

Should the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department be the unofficial sponsor of UUOTD?

Zee said...

I think so! Good idea. I think Sheriff Joe would approve!