Sunday, February 03, 2008

Wow

I, along with Las Vegas and most of America, eat my words. The Giants pulled off the upset, knocking off the formerly invincible Patriots, 17-14.

Eli Manning was the man, throwing for 255 yards and two touchdowns, including a late one in the last minute to Plaxico Burress.

The Patriots didn't totally stink in this game. The Giants' defense played awesome, for the most part. That won the game for the team from Gotham.

They are dancing in the streets in New York. The '72 Dolphins are also happy tonight. The perfect season stops here.

Wow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

right after the game I text messaged my brother, "WOW!!!" that was it.

John said...

The Giants' defense manhandled the Pats for most of the game. It was a matter of the Giants offense being able to score, which they eventually did.

Big, big win for the G-men.

Zee said...

That one sack was unbelievable. It looked like a cartoon it was so powerful and strange because it looked like the guy was stopped then all of a sudden - POW!

I'm more WOWing about the fact that it was a close game. I knew it was going to be different when there were only two possessions in the first quarter.

John said...

The Patriots were doing well to score two touchdowns. The Giants owned them for a good chunk of the game.

Zee said...

Here's the sack I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDWkQKvOrN8

It's not a good angle, but it was an amazing hit. Loved it!

John said...

That was a great hit. I loved watching the Giants' defense go off on Brady. They annihilated him.