Monday, December 11, 2006

Ugly Uniform of the Day


I trust my wife for fashion advice. She has a good eye for what looks good, what goes together, and what does not look good. From time to time, I'll ask her what she thinks about a particular uniform. I refer to her sometimes as the Uniform Czarina. This weekend, I asked her for some input on some ugly uniforms. The first one she mentioned is the Tennessee Titans' alternate jersey.

The Titans rolled this out a few years ago to honor their history as the Houston Oilers. They wear it once or twice a year. Most recently, they wore them in their home win over the Indianapolis Colts. I'm not a fan of any of the Titans' uniform combinations, though I do like the white helmet. This Columbia blue uniform, though, is the worst of the bunch. And, they wore it with blue pants the last time out. Note to owner Bud Adams: This is the NFL, not powder puff football.

4 comments:

Zee said...

I don't mind the Tie-dahn's jerseys. I think it's because that I think it is paying homage to the Oilers. I think the Broncos' jerseys are worse.

John said...

The Broncos started this whole ugly uniform trend with that blue uniform with the stripe. It's gotten sorta tolerable now that teams are getting even worse threads.

Zee said...

I think your eyes should be on looking upon the NBA more because I think some of those unis are looking bad.

Try

this link or

this one.

Well, any Lakers jersey looks bad to me.

John said...

The NBA has been the incubator of bad taste for a long time. Don't worry, I'll get back to The Association pretty quick. There's plenty more bad stuff where that Wizards uni came from. :-)

That Knicks jersey is pretty bad. The Lakers one isn't real great, either, but I agree that any Lakers jersey looks bad.

Oh, for the days of short shorts...