Thursday, December 14, 2006

UUOTD (Ugly Uniform of the Day)


A special shout out to Zee for pointing me in this direction.

This is an alternate jersey worn by one of the worst franchises in the NBA, the New York Knicks. What is up with the horizontal trim? Yeehhh! What is Isiah Thomas thinking? This is similar to that Syracuse football uniform featured yesterday.

Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis are shown wearing these for the Knicks. Interestingly, Jason Kidd is wearing the Nets' classic ABA threads in the background.

Back to the Knicks. This is a bad jersey for a bad team.


It's better, though, than the green jersey. I had never seen it before I saw it on the Knicks' website. Nate Robinson is wearing it here. This was worn on St. Patrick's Day. St. Patty's Day is a really big deal in New York. It's still really ugly, though.

Remember: The center of fashion in the civilized world has given us these threads.

5 comments:

Zee said...

There ain't nuttin wrong wit a little green and orange! Okay, on that uniform it is bad. I think Jason Kidd's uni is just as bad, though.

John said...

Maybe I'm biased toward all things ABA, but I like that uni Jason Kidd has on there. That's the uniform the great Dr. J wore. :-) Now, I have to admit, if that had come out in the 2000's instead of the 70's, I would probably be pretty grossed out by it.

John said...

And, about the green Knicks uniform: That's about as bad as it gets. The Irish Olympic team could get away with that, but the Knicks shouldn't be able to.

Hopefully, the Commissioner won't be scheduling any more St. Pat's Day games in New York. I hope they weren't playing Boston that night.

Zee said...

I think I just don't like Jason Kidd. ;) I remember the days of the three Js. Bleah.

John said...

Great jingle in bad days for the little Mavericks: "You want the NBA, hey! I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan!....Jamal, Jimmy Jackson and Jason Kidd, tell me who's a Mavericks fan! I am, oh I am, I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan!"