Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting Ready For The Game


This is a big weekend in Baltimore. The Colts left town on a Mayflower moving truck in 1984. They return on a chartered jet for Saturday's playoff game with the former Cleveland Browns, now known as the Baltimore Ravens.

People in the City By Chesapeake Bay are pumped for this one. A fashion trend among Ravens fans for the past few years are purple camouflage pants, such as worn by the fan above. Apparently, these are a big deal in Baltimore.

Even the local weatherman is into the purple camos.

You, too, can get some of these pants here.

4 comments:

Zee said...

Those Camos would be great for TCU games! WOO HOO! :)

So, this didn't qualify for the UUOTD?

p.s. rainy and cold here ... freezing rain after midnight ... chruch meeting for tomorrow morning is postponed ... just in case.

John said...

It's not quite ready for UUOTD, but if the team came out wearing those pants, it would retire the traveling trophy. :-)

The Wife has a friend up there whose husband wears his purple camos every Sunday. I was in BWI airport a few months ago, and saw a guy wearing them with his Ray Lewis jersey. In my internet search, I found these things are really popular there. And, they would look good with a TCU jersey.

I'm still supposed to fly to DAL Sunday night. I booked a hotel right by the airport so I won't have to drive far that night. One day at a time..As for Houston, the newspeople are hyping this as the storm of the century, headed this way.

Zee said...

I'm with Junior Miller on all this storm hype. It's just the weather people trying to be a bunch of alarmists. Nothing more. It's Texas for goodness sake. I'll believe it when I see it!

p.s. I still can't believe my roommate is out running 16 miles tonight since tomorrow is supposed to be rainy!

John said...

Storms are good for ratings. And, in Houston's case, ice storms are rare here. The top of the newscast was pretty ridiculous at 6 PM, though.

getting the coat out for a trip to the Great White North of Texas...