Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cool Uniform of the Day


I've been slipping on the uniforms the last couple of days.

Those who know me may think I've been drinking or doing drugs. I've been doing neither.

I am a fan of the University of Oklahoma. Conversely, I hate the University of Texas. I have also been getting a reputation as someone who dogs on all things orange. That is not the case.

Often, you respect the most that which you despise. Such is my view of the UT athletic program. UT is the biggest and baddest school out there, or so it seems. I can't stand them, but they have the second or third largest enrollment in the nation, and arguably the most wealthy donor base in the country. The school sits right in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the nation, and can pretty much pick and choose who they want to recruit in almost any sport. There is no reason why that school shouldn't compete for national championships every year, in every sport. The same applies to The Ohio State University, only I can cheer for them. :-)

Back to uniforms. The University of Texas has one of the coolest looking road uniforms around. It is simple, classic, and blurts out, "We're Texas! Don't mess with us!". The longhorn logo on the helmet, and "Texas" on the front of the jersey is all they need. The white jersey goes well with the helmet and the pants.

Pictured above is wunderkind Vince Young, as he was creating his Rose Bowl legend for the Longhorns. He is pure greatness. The Longhorns really missed him this season. The Titans are really glad to have him.

2 comments:

Zee said...

You do hate orange. This uniform is white with a little burnt orange on it. Burnt orange is not the same as orange. I promise!

Zee (who has an orange kitchen, orange bed sheets, a partially orange comforter, orange accents in her bathroom, and many more)

John said...

That's right. It's a white uniform with a tiny little bit of burnt orange. That's what's great about it.

If you want to see real orange, though, check out Oklahoma State.

I actually don't totally hate orange. I often wear a gray and orange Princeton sweatshirt that I picked up on their campus a few years ago. :-)